Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Typical Summer Day

My favorite time of life was when my kids were young. I enjoyed being with them and watching them grow and develop their own personalities and interests. This is why I am a nanny now

Summer days are the best, we are not so structured or rushed. Today was one of those days at least parts of it was. Qwerty, the oldest, had sailing lessons so I got him there by 9 am then we picked up a friend of Moe's and took them to a Sports camp. Little Guy was hungry by then so it was back home to eat and then time to enjoy watching LG practice going from crawling to sitting. Within one day he had perfected the move. He looks up at me with a proud smile. At the same time all this is going on I am working on the laundry. LG and I have just enough time for a 2 mile walk before we need to pick up Qwerty and friend from sailing class. Such a lovely walk... I chose to walk through the neighborhoods and look at all the wonderful gardens. It is so quiet and peaceful Little Guy dozes off.

The older boys just get home for lunch when one of their friends wants them to come out and play which allows me to get LG feed and down for a real nap. Then it is back to finishing up the laundry, unloading the dishwasher and straightening the house. We have a play date at 3:30 and I know I will not have much time after we get back before parents arrive.

The play date is with friends the boys had not seen for a while and they had so much fun at the kid pool in the park. The time passes quickly and soon it is time to go home. The day was so full there was not time for our usual read aloud or games but as the boys call out, 'See you Monday!" I know there will another summer day next week.

1 comment:

  1. And next week you get to have summer days with me! Oh and the kids!

    ReplyDelete